No Ordinary Star by M.C. Frank **Review**



A soldier is summoned to the North Pole, days before the year changes, told to fix the great Clock for a celebration. He has no idea what to do. 
A girl, hunted for the crime of being born, almost dies out on the ice. She is rescued by the last polar bear left alive. 
A library waits for them both, a library built over a span of a hundred years, forgotten in the basement of an ice shack. 
The world hasn't known hunger or sickness in hundreds of years. It has also forgotten love and beauty. 
The year is 2525. 

Inspired by the short stories of Ray Bradbury, this futuristic novel is set in a world where Christmas -among other things- is obsolete and a Clock is what keeps the fragile balance of peace. 

Written in three installments, this is the breathtaking and sensual story of how two unlikely people change the world, and each other, one book at a time. 

Immerse yourself into the icy cold world of this scorching hot new novel. 






4 "The Tin Soldier & The Match Girl" stars

It's year 2525. The world has changed. Women and men don't live together. People get to live longer and they get fed with pills. Everything is different. So when a soldier goes to the North Pole, he saves a girl and they both try to survive under difficult circumstances. They make together some discoveries and it seems that these are about to change their world forever.


I haven't read a dystopian book in a very long time and even though I'm not used in sci-fi books, I definitely enjoyed this one. My main issue with these books/movies/stories is that I can't understand well the world that they create and always need a good repeat for me to understand it. I think in a series the first book has that goal, to explain the world they create so the reader can feel himself into that world and I think this author succeeded in that.


"The stars haven't been visable from Earth in decades."
"Oh they have been," she says. "If you know where to look. When you see a formation that's irregular, a star that doesn't look ordinary- that's a real star and no satelite."
He sighs. No ordinary star. What does that even mean?


I understood the new world she created, even though it wasn't the most pleasant for us women. But maybe that was what made me passionate about this book. How my emotions felt for these characters, both the girl and the boy. How unfair was this world, even though many of our current problems were gone, new ones had replaced them. I loved how well woven was that universe and how well explained were the changes that the world in this dystopian world had suffered. I am definitely intrigued to explore this world even further.

I would definitely recommend this book to the fantasy/dystopian fans. I am so curious to get to know these characters better, because there's definitely a lot of mystery around them. And I hope the romance will only grow stronger in the next one. What can I say, I'm a romance junkie ;)


PS: The only reason I don't rate this with 5 stars is because in a series I always want to compare them between them to see which one I like better. I think I'm going to love the next ones even more, therefore my rating. Don't let this discourange you =)

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις