Troll by Ashley C. Harris **Review**





At the age of sixteen, Abby is undergoing major household changes. Her mom is getting ready to remarry and her new step-brother is driving her insane. She is just trying to keep herself busy with school and her part-time job when a most deliciously handsome stranger moves to her little seaside town and won't leave her alone.


New arrival Wilhelm is unlike any other student at Abby’s school. His emerald eyes and tattooed body don’t truly reveal what he really is: a creature emerged from thousands of miles underground, seeking revenge, treasure, and a key that once belonged to an old enemy – a key Abby wears suspended from a chain around her neck. Why she has it is a mystery that Wilhelm will need to solve, and fast, in order to defeat a powerful mortal adversary.

As an attraction between Abby and Wilhelm develops, more creatures like Wilhelm are drawn from beneath the ground to Abby’s town; wreaking havoc as they offer Abby’s classmates the fulfillment of their deepest desires. Will Abby and her new family survive as a game of magical warfare is unleashed? Her ability to reverse Wilhelm’s bargain depends on it.







My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Troll is a YA fantasy story that mixes magical creatures, such as trolls, knights and the human world. Specifically, we can see Abby, a high school girl, who had lost her best friend, Leo and her cousin when they were only kids. One day, a new student, Wilhelm, appears at her school and strange things happen around Abby's life.

Wilhelm is a troll who's on a mission. He needs to get something in order to succeed and that leads him in Abby's life. Many things will be revealed down the road and they will all fall into a crazy and dangerous adventure that will leave victims on its path..

When I say trolls, you shouldn't think about these sweet little creatures...


Think of something more terrifying on its true form , but with the ability to look like humans whenever they wish to. They have lots of powers, especially the royal ones and Will is tired of being treated always as inferior and wants to take revenge for what Klaus and the other royals did to him.

I have to admit that at first this book was moving in a slow pace and I struggled, but as I gave it more time, it sucked me into its world and it ended up fascinating me. I really enjoyed this story, although I did cringe a couple of times with a few mistakes or with a few graphic scenes.


Revenge was an illusion like that: it always seems like it will make things finally feel right, but it's never truly satisfying, and the pain just increases until it boils over.


What I loved the most in this story was the adventure, the angst and the twists near the end of the book. I didn't see these coming and that evil cliffhanger now makes me crave for the following book in the series!! I have so many questions, I need to read it, because I need to know!! The suspense is killing me, Ashley!

Overall, I think that it was a great YA fantasy book and even though it's not usually the genre that I pick to read, it intrigued me and it makes me want to read more. If you like reading this kind of books, go ahead and grab the book! :)

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις