The Voyeur Next Door by Airicka Phoenix **Review**




He lived next door.

Alison Eckrich was an expert at being invisible. Having been raised by a mother who saw only flaws, she had learned long ago to watch and never participate. Until him. He was gorgeous from what little she could make out through his bathroom window and he awakened things inside her she had always been told was wrong. But she didn’t care.

She was addicted.

Gabriel Madoc was no stranger to the cold sting of betrayal. His broken heart had left him hard and bitter and that was how he liked it. Until her. She was a vision in the soft twilight. Everything about her called to him. It didn’t even matter he couldn’t see her face.

He wanted her.

The rules were simple: No names. No faces. No attachments. They both had what the other needed so long as they never broke the rules. But what will happen when the mystery is unveiled and they both come face to face with the truth and each other? Is what they shared in the cloak of darkness enough to keep them together, or will reality tear them apart?




3.5 "You're my kind of perfect" stars


Ali has just moved back to Canada and one day she helps an old man, named Earl, who in exchange offers her to work in his auto body shop. She's in need of a job, since she has a new apartment to pay for. The only problem is Earl's grandson, Gabriel. A cranky man who doesn't want her to work there and acts like an asshole to her.

Meanwhile, Ali has a really shy personality. She doesn't socialize much, but she has a hobby of watching people, observing them. Her favorite thing is being at her terrace and stalking her neighbours' lives. She calls herself an introvert or more specifically a voyeur.


I liked people. More importantly, I liked watching them... secretly... from a very great distance so as not to have to interact. People fascinated me.


One day, a new neighbour stands naked and he starts masturbating, so she can't help it and she starts touching herself, as well. The neighbor who also witnessed her, sends her a note with his number and asks for a repeat of the show. They start a routine, which slowly progresses, phone sex, cyber sex, watching each other from the terrace, but all that without actually showing their faces.



"Do you think the neighbors would notice if I were to fuck you right there?"
"I don't think I would care."
"You wouldn't mind if I stripped you naked, leaned you over those bars, and rammed my cock deep inside you?"


Also, the heroine had a really low self-esteem, associated with her past and I have to admit that I couldn't understand the extreme point of that, until it was explained near the end of the book. But Ali isn't the only one with a troubling past. There's a reason Gabe is that way and it belongs to his haunting past.

At the same time Ali starts getting close to Gabe, helping him with a couple of family issues and getting to know him better. She gets torn because even though he's still an asshole, she starts dreaming of him or thinking about him, even when she's having her sexy faraway encounters with her mystery neighbor.


What I didn't like in this book was that even though I liked it, there was something that seemed completely unrealistic to me. (view spoiler) I also didn't get the reason the hero had blamed himself for what had happened at his past. In my opinion, he shouldn't feel guilty.

This was a really fun story to read. I really loved the writing, the characters, the banter between them, the lines & the dialogues/scenes with the neighbor were H O T. I also laughed at a couple of scenes and I appreciated the dual POV. It always helps me to get to know both of the MCs better. I think, overall, it was an interesting, fun & sexy read. If you like this type of books, this may be the one for you :)

PS: Guys who work in an auto body shop? Who doesn't want a visual like that? ;)


Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις