Beneath It All (Beneath Series Book 1) by Tori Madison




You.
Have.
Breast.
Cancer.

I wasn't prepared to hear those words. Neither was my loving husband, family or friends. And none of us were prepared for what life had in store after they were spoken.

I should have seen the signs all around me. I should have paid attention to the people who supposedly loved me, the people who I'd always trusted. But I was blind to what was going on. The effects on my flourishing career, passionate marriage, and carefree lifestyle would be insurmountable.

It was time to take control of my life and the overwhelming chaos. Time to make the choices that were right for me. Right for my future. The future I hadn't planned on.

My life didn't stop when I heard those four little words . . . it was only just beginning.





4.5 Victorious stars


Victoria Madison is a young woman, who discovers a lump in her left breast in one of her trips with her husband, Noah. She goes to check herself out and then she receives the heartbreaking results.

"You.
Have.
Breast.
Cancer."

Meanwhile, Victoria meets many doctors in her journey to kick cancer's ass. One of them is the sexy Dr. Blake Forrester, or as her best friends call him "Dr. McHottie". Someone who helps her take her own decisions, guides her and shows that he cares for her.


What can I say about this book? The writing was excellent, so realistic and honest. It was fun, painful and gave me so many emotions while reading it. I loved the heroine!! She was strong, funny, flirty and her relationship with her best friends was admirable. They were such a fresh breath when things got harsh on the heroine. Especially after 70% when something happened and had me boiling from anger. (view spoiler) And yes, even though there were signs for what was going on, I still couldn't believe the audacity of some people and the part they played in this story. I'm still trying to calm down (days later) and that says a lot.


Even though it's a book talking about breast cancer, it's not gloomy. On the other side, this book had plenty of sexy moments between her and her husband, fun moments with her friends and of course the side effects of cancer and how she dealt with them. So if you're afraid that it's a sad read, get this out of your mind. You'll get mad, you'll get sad, but you'll also smile.

Keep fighting ladies and don't forget to check on your tatas, because even though this was fiction, cancer is real.


PS: If you're worried about this being a love triangle with the doctor DON'T.

PS2: I may have stalked the author's page so I used the people she thought as the characters & one of her teasers *guilty* #teamsizzletits

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις