Nocturnes (Hard Rock Harlots #3) by Kendall Grey




Rax Wrathbone is the dirty rock star you love to hate. The filthy fantasy slithering through your bed sheets. The serpent in your lady garden. The snake bite in your panties that keeps you sweating all night. He. Is. Sex. 

And he’s no good. For anyone. 

After a nasty breakup with his best friend and their band’s drummer, Rax is flying solo for the first time in years. Who needs the drama of commitment when the line for your humping booth spans three city blocks? No, groupies and liquor are far finer company than relationships, and they don’t leave bruises after they’ve had their way with you. At least not lasting ones. 

Rax’s new adventures as an alcoholic, guitar-slashing one-man show are going along swimmingly until the only woman who’s ever brought him to his knees shimmies down a pole back into his life. Eve doesn’t abide excessive drinking, she has sex with strangers for a living, and she can’t remember Rax’s name to save her life. 

She’s perfect in every way. 

Now, if he could just get sober long enough to forget his past and convince Eve he’s worthy of her future…



**2.5 Drunk stars**

This review may be spoilerish. Proceed with caution. Rant may have been added as well.

Rax Wrathbone had a fight and a break up with one of his band mates; his tag mate with the groupies and long best friend. At this point he decides to give up on relationships and prefers the company of the alcohol. Alcohol becomes his best friend and he becomes a constant shit-faced drunk.


Eve is a pole-dancer, stripper at a night club called, Nocturnes. Her staged name there is Lola. Rax had met her once at her previous job at Jacksonville and now that he found her in New Orleans, seems like a dream come true.


Lola is trying to brush him off, because she's interested in gathering more money in order to be able to get her dream house in the future and that can only happen if she sells her body in Hell. Hell is a secret room where VIP clients can do with their 'angels' whatever they please for a few thousand dollars. Eve accepts to agree to the terms and stay away from other guys outside of work, but Rax keeps messing with her plans. Meanwhile, Rax gets warnings from his band about his attitude and his alcoholism.


“Ready to give this pole a workout it’ll never forget?”

“Baby, you’re my number-one, go-to pole.


I'm probably in the minority here,but I didn't love this book. It didn't blow me away, I didn't feel any particular emotion that would make enjoy it, like I wished to. Maybe it was the fact that I didn't like Rax as a character, so I wasn't into the hero that much. But even the heroine made me roll my eyes and wonder why do I keep reading this?

I need to say something about this series, that I forgot to mention on my previous reviews. Is it only me or this series remind me a lot of The Sinners on Tour Boxed Set?? I'm not saying the plots are the same, but a stripper, two parts of the band long time best friends who were fucking each other, submissive rocker who wants to get beaten, alcoholic etc. etc. Maybe it's just me thinking that, who knows? Bottom line, I had enjoyed the sinners more than the Hard Rock Harlots.


I didn't like the fact that they kept saying goodbye to each other, then they were going back to each other (for no apparent reason, in my opinion). I didn't care for Rax because I never liked him, so I can't say I fell sorry for him. It was up to him to cut this addiction, having a bunch of people supporting him and all. Yes, alcoholism isn't easy, but like any addiction isn't something that cannot be cured. Also, he met Eve while he was drunk, whenever they were together he was drunk, he would even dump her after their moments in the bedroom and go get some booze. He needed alcohol more than her, so I didn't feel their 'love'.

"Rax may be the serpent in my lady garden, but I’m the one who tempted him. I only hope his choice to bite into my apple doesn’t prove as devastating as the original Eve’s did."

I did like Eve's character and I agree that whatever happened to her was tragic and her life wasn't easy with all the drama surrounding her. I thought that she was a wise girl, but selling herself and stooping so low just to get her dream house? I couldn't accept that excuse for suffering the things they were doing to her. Especially (view spoiler) *shudders* I could accept all these if she could barely survive, if she had a baby, I have numerous of reasons to justify this, but these kind of actions are not acceptable to me. I would maybe be okay if she enjoyed all that and she was into it, but she was clearly suffering, so no.


What I enjoyed was the character development, the fact that it shows the raw effects that alcoholism can cause, the friendships that were fixed, the importance of having someone that you can count on, that sometimes you have to move on and change your dreams etc. So no, I didn't hate this book, but I didn't love it either.

Sucks to be in the minority, but I have to be honest with myself. Trust me, I wish I had enjoyed this story more. Hopefully others will like this book more than me. </["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]>

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις