Bad Son Rising by Julie A. Richman






People think I'm a douche.
And maybe I am.
I use most people.
It's what I know.
But if I love you,
I'd die for you.
I just don't know that I'm worth loving.

Handsome, privileged bad boy Zac Moore has always played by his own rules - at school, in business, with women. He's rewritten the rules to suit his own needs and his needs are all that matter. 

Serious and focused family friend Liliana Castillo has one goal. Leave the pre-Med program at Yale to help people in developing nations. 

As their paths cross and uncross, a tale of love, agony, betrayal and growth is woven, transforming two people who've hidden from relationships and love.

This is a stand-alone novel.

To "see" more about Bad Son Rising, enjoy this video.





**2.5 stars**


Zac Moore is a young, rich college student and he is a BIG TROUBLE!! A handsome playboy who doesn't know about relationships, suddenly meets a girl in his father's wedding, who doesn't throw herself on him, like he's used to. He tries to approach her, flirting with her, but getting nothing back from her. This girl seems like a big challenge to him and she intrigues him. They only share a dance, exchange a few words and that's enough for him to thinking about her, when he goes back to college.

Liliana Castillo is a girl with a purpose. After visiting Africa with her parents, she wants to go to a voluntary mission and help those in need. Her parents though insist on her finishing firstly her studies in Yale, until a program that leads her to Congo, along with other students, in order to build new water systems.


Fate interferes with their plans and somehow life pushes them to meet again. Over and over again. No matter the circumstances, Zac and Liliana are meant to meet again and face together situations that they could never imagine. Will they come out of them winners or are they going to lose something in the process?


“Please don’t fall in love with me, Zac silently warned. 
Please fall in love with me, Zac silently prayed.”


If you have read the The Needing Moore Series Trilogy: Searching for Moore, Moore to Lose, & Moore than Forever you have met the famous Zac Moore, the bad son of Shooner and CJ. You have also briefly met the tenacious Liliana. I was really excited to read about them, because Zac was a really nasty character and I needed to see how he would redeem himself.

Unfortunately, even though I had really loved the Moore series, Bad Son Rising didn't leave me impressed. It was an okay read, with just a few scenes that kept my interest. Otherwise, I was really bored and I can't say I enjoy it that much. That was one of the reasons that I almost left unfinished this book and I pressed myself to continue this, because I have never DNF a book! And yes there was character development, but still Zac pissed me off, because there were moments that he was acting like a girl on her period.

**This is a stand-alone novel, but also a spin off with characters from the Needing Moore series**

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις