Married for Christmas (Willow Park #1) by Noelle Adams






After years of dreaming, Jessica is finally getting married, but the marriage isn't exactly what she thought.

Daniel is her best friend, and she's known him all her life, but he's never gotten over losing his wife two years ago. His dream is to become the pastor of the church in their hometown, but the small-town congregation keeps balking over calling an unmarried minister. Since Daniel needs a wife and Jessica wants a husband and family, she proposes an arrangement that benefits both of them.

They can get married. They can build a life together. They can celebrate Christmas as a couple. It's fine that he doesn't love her. And it's fine that she's not exactly suited to be a small-town pastor's wife. And it's fine that she's more attracted to her sexy, brooding husband every day.

Jessica can be practical about this marriage. She knows what she's getting into, after all...

This book includes fully-developed sex scenes between a husband and wife.



3.5 NoMoreCrying stars 

“Do you think you could maybe stop crying?” 

This little quote says a lot about my rating. I was really enjoying this book and I wanted to give it a 4 at least, but no. The fact that the MC was crying in almost every page, it was a huge turn off for me. I'm okay with drama and I understand when they cry. I also cry. But this was getting ridiculous. She was crying while she was also having sex. 

“Should I be flattered that my extraordinary talent at sex has reduced you to tears again?”
Other than that, I liked this story. Even though the author gave us a warning that maybe this would be too religious for some people, I didn't find it to be overwhelming. 

We have Jessica and Daniel. Daniel lost his wife two years ago and he wants to become a pastor at Willow Park, but they are hesitant because he's not a married man. Jessica on the other hand wants to put down roots and make a family. So she proposes to him in order to get both of them what they needed. Him to get his dream job and her to finally have a family. 

"Things didn’t have to be perfect to still be good." 

It was a nice fictional story, I liked it and I felt for these characters. I ached knowing that Daniel was struggling and feeling guilty, when he was coming close to Jessica. I ached even more watching Jessica feeling lonely , when she wanted to get married to escape from this feeling. 

"Their marriage wasn’t normal. It wasn’t perfect. But maybe they could still make this work." 

Overall, it was a lovely, sweet, winter themed story. :)



Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις