Cherish (Covet #1.5) by Tracey Garvis Graves






When Daniel Rush wakes up in the hospital after suffering a gunshot wound to the head, the last person he expects to see at his bedside is his ex-wife Jessica. Their marriage disintegrated after the death of their infant son Gabriel, and Daniel gave Jessie what he thought she wanted: the freedom to start over with someone else. But Daniel never updated his emergency contact information, and Jessie is the one who receives the call with the devastating news. 

Daniel was Jessie’s one true love. Together since college, Jessie had dreams of raising a family with Daniel, and growing old together. When Gabriel died, Jessie buried those dreams with her beloved son and shut everyone out, including Daniel. 

Daniel faces months of grueling rehabilitation and he’s going to need some help. Jessie is the last person anyone expects to volunteer, but this is her one chance to make amends, giving her and Daniel a shot at getting things right this time.

The road to recovery will be long and arduous. But with Jessie leading the way, Daniel just might be able to get his old life back. 

Daniel knows how to covet. But can Jessie help him remember how to cherish? 


*Please note that this is a novella-length sequel. Reading Covet before Cherish is highly recommended in order to enhance your reading pleasure.


I believe that this novella was necessary because I felt like Covet was slightly unfair when it comes to Daniel. Don't get me wrong. I didn't want him between the couple of Claire & Chris and in no way I wanted him to break them up. I had really enjoyed his character though. He was the fun, good looking cop, always there for Claire who was really lonely. A supportive friend who treated Claire with respect [ and thankfully hadn't crossed the lines between them, even though he wanted to. (hide spoiler)] But I needed more and Cherish gives you that. 

This story starts with Daniel at the hospital, when he got shot on his head during a routine traffic stop. We had seen that part on the Covet from Claire's POV and now we see this from his & Jessie's, his ex wife who was listed as an emergency call and ran on his side when the cops informed her about his situation. 

“I lost my son, I lost my wife, I got shot in the head. I think I’m entitled to a depressive episode.” 

In the Covet, Daniel told us that they broke up when they lost their baby, Gabriel due to SIDS. Jessie had been too deep in depression and they drifted apart in the point where they took a divorce. 

The doctors inform the family that his injury will have a couple of effects, such as loss of short term memory, weakness of his body etc. The situation becomes reversed and Josh is the one who feels depressive now. With these problems in the middle is it possible that their love will get a second chance? 

“I may occasionally struggle to identify the color blue or what a lemon smells like, but it will take more than a bullet to the head to make me forget meeting the girl who would become the great love of my life.” 

PS: I really loved the epilogue. I think it was a perfect closure & a full circle for Daniel & I liked that we saw glimpses of Claire & her husband in this one ^_^


Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις